What Do We Do Now? Part I
In this serious time of social distancing and sheltering in place, there is only so many TV shows/movies that you can watch. Now what? Get Creative! Below is a list of activities that can be done both alone or with your family and friends. 1. Learn a new language: Try to learn Sign language, Spanish, French, or whatever you're trying to learn; YouTube and Duolingo are two apps that you can use. 2. Workout: Take a virtual class with a local gym, or Shelter in Shape with Jake Garcia. Use Zoom to connect with private trainers while you are at home. Check local gyms. 3. Be creative and make something: Collect items from all over the house and glue them on a piece of paper; Have watercolors? Paint a picture; Know how to knit? Pull out that old project you did not finish and work on it now.
4. Cook a new recipe: Pull out your cookbooks and choose a recipe you haven’t tried before. Get creative if you do not have every ingredient the recipe calls for. Smells great! Present it to your family as if you are on a chef show.
5. Dance. (Social DisDANCING): Turn on your favorite song to dance to and go crazy; Check out the music videos on YouTube. Learn all the TikTok dances.
6. Play an online game with friends.Use Jackbox Games and Zoom. More of a word person? Try Crossword puzzles! Or finally read the rules to those long and intense board games you've never played with the family. Encourage the family to play.
7. Become a photographer: Do a photo shoot. Take new head shots. Take pictures of things around your home. Update your facebook/email photo. Go through your camera roll, pick your favorite pics from the past year and make a photo book or order framed versions online. Organize your photos, such as the last trip you went on. Use one the apps, like Shutterfly, to build a book. The company will print the books and mail them to your family members. Great for memories.
8. Meditate:While practicing social distancing, feelings of isolation and loneliness can have a significant impact on stress levels and overall mental health. Try lying down with your eyes closed, palms up and while focusing on your breath. Or spend 20 minutes sitting cross legged and repeat a soothing word to yourself in your head. (The latter is more like transcendental meditation.) Calm. calm. ...www.calm.com Begin each day with The Daily Calm, a unique 10-minute mediation every day. Try Calm for free. Or try www.Insighttimer.com with 30,000 guided meditations.
9. Read all those books you’ve been planning to read. You know, the ones you keep on the shelf and haven't gotten to yet. if you have an Amazon account, try downloading a book to read.
10. Write a letter to a loved one. Remember when this was the norm? Let's bring it back! You can also make a special card to mail using your collage-making skills.
11. Organize your closets Marie Kondo style. Does this spark joy for you? Search online for special ways to store your clothes, such as special sections for storing your underwear or socks. Store your unwanted clothes and other items until you can drop them off at Good Will stores.
12. Support local business by ordering take-out. Tired of cooking or craving your favorite foods? Also, they need our support.
13. Go to YouTube.com and then search for AlbertsWXClass. Click on Albert’s Live Weather Classroom lessons to learn more about meteorology. Learn about thunderstorms, tornadoes, the atmosphere and more.
14. Color. This isn't just an activity for kids. Get an adult coloring book or draw a picture in black marker and color it with colored pencils.
15. Re-arrange your furniture.Bored? Try something new and leave it for a few days to see if you still like it. Make it feel like a brand-new home.16. Go on virtual rides.Go to YouTube.com and check outTheCoasterViews which has rides from Disney, Six Flags, Cedar Point and more. WOW!
17. Explore museums and zoos: Visit the British Museum in London( https://britishmuseum.withgoogle.com/) or the San Diego Zoo (https://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/)virtually. Older children will enjoy look at the past. The San Diego Zoo is one of the best zoos in the world and has entertaining and educational adventures offering guided views of all the different animals.
18. Watch animal live streaming. (https://www.earthcam.com/events/animalcams/)
Watch live Elephants, pandas, monkeys and more at locations around the world.
Hopefully some of these suggested activities appeal to you to help the time move along. Stay tune for Part II coming soon.
Creative Spaces Remodeling (Design.Build.Live)
Today, if you are ready for the next step in your remodel or need more guidance to get you started, Creative Spaces Remodeling is here to help. Life on the Chesapeake Bay is wonderful, but Creative Spaces Remodeling can help make the experience even better. We’re ready to provide you with exceptional service no matter how big or small the job is.